Saturday, March 27, 2010

*Flaps hands*

Apparently you can get an award by nagging other people about deadlines and taking long hiatuses in the name of Writer’s Block. I know, because I got one.



Thank you, Shareen Mohd Salleh for passing on the award to me, and congratulations on winning it yourself =) Although we’ve never met before, I’m sure that you, a most sweet and witty soul, totally deserves the award above.

I, on the other hand, accept this honour with a deep bow and a deeper bafflement. I mean, Beautiful Blogger Award?

First of all, I’ve been associated with many things (“weird” and “lame” remain the popular favourites). But “beautiful”? Have you even met me? Okay, so I hear some of you say beauty is also about having a heart of gold and sweet nature etc, which is all great except for one question – have you even met me?

Secondly, the word “Blogger” – have you seen the dates of my sporadic posts? And have you seen the way I insistently whine about deadlines and writer’s block, in the hope that no one will notice that my brain is actually dry? No, I don’t deserve the word “blogger”.

So, “Beautiful Blogger” would have been a double negative in my case, which is a big-no-no according to one of my English lecturers. It confuses people, he cautioned, which is rather far-sighted of him, in light of my current affairs.

The fact that I got the award anyway shows that there really is no justice in the world, just a whole lot of forgiving people - like Shareen Mohd Salleh =D Yes, I’m shamelessly plugging you, because you selflessly plugged me.

And what would an award be without some thank-you speech, right? So, here goes, for the sake of protocol (actually, I’ve been waiting all my life for an opportunity like this, but what would the world be if award-recipients go around telling the truth, eh?).

Thank you, all you readers who have encouraged, pushed, nudged, kicked, dragged and threatened me in the right/write direction. You have been my source of strength and inspiration. You’re the reason I still write. And for that, I owe you my lifelong gratitude.

And before you yell “is there no end to this syok-sendiri post?!”, let me assure you that you’re right – the end isn’t nigh. I have the privilege to pass this award to another 15 bloggers out there!

Sadly, I don’t read blogs that often, so I only know a handful of really good bloggers. Nonetheless, here goes the List of Awesome (in no particular order):

  • Twisted Transistor for her ability to add drama and humour into any topic, especially the ones about her dogs.
  • The Pragadissio Notebook for his eloquence and wit, and his persistence to blog come-what-closing-week-may has been my constant inspiration.
  • Kaki khayal for their quirky, fun and clever concept. Keep it up, girls!
  • On the Street for her pictures that always reach deep into my heart and giving it a tickle, or a cosy squeeze. Woi mana update?
  • Table 28 for her ass-kicking pics and even better captions – gripping souls since 2005 (when she was still clicking around with a tiny “i”camera ^^)
  • mimpiiiii !!for her ability to make me laugh, think, nod and shake my head, sometimes all at once.

Okay, I’m out. To the 6 bloggers above, grab your award! And here are the rules for the award (courtesy of Shareen):
1. Thank & link the person that gave you the award.
2. Pass this award onto 15 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and think are fantastic beautiful too
3. Contact said Blogs and let them know they’ve won the award
4. State 7 things about yourself.

Now, I am required to tell 7 random facts about myself, or I may risk being disqualified (DON’T YOU DARE TOUCH MY AWARD!):

1) I am hooked on zombies, especially plant-eating ones (but I’m not really picky, because what would the world be if you go around picking on zombies, eh?). I mean, enough of celebrating monsters that charm young, front-heavy ladies, live forever and ever and most recently, glitter in the sunlight. Too much drama. Zombies never judge their victims, die graciously when their time is up, and are made out of (or covered with) flesh and blood – probably not much different from heroes, if you ask me.

2) I can be very long-winded.

3) I am the founder of the Brainz Assembly – an enlightened organization dedicated to both worship and fight zombies, whichever mood strikes us. In a better world, we would be revered and spoken in hushed whispers. Alas, in this bewildering dimension, people just point at us and laugh. But it’s okay, my trusted aide Pauline and I have a sense of humour. Taking over the world, one silly act at a time, is fine by us too. The goal justifies the mean.

4) I can be very long-winded, and redundant.

5) I write to live, so that one day I can afford to live to write.

6) Satire, Terry Pratchett, TimBurtonandJohnnyDepp make me happy.

7) Strawberry ice cream, hot air balloons and pretty but useless stuff make me happy too.

Gosh, 7 random things about myself is so not easy to write. That’s because I’m held together by sheer randomness (and stubbornness), and listing only 7 is like playing favourites. It’s like asking me which part of the skin on my body that I like most.

Okay winners, get cracking.

3 comments:

Shareen Mohd Saleh said...

You modest thing, you! LOL

What a co-incidence! I love zombies too! Erm, kinda. You know what I mean.

You should read Surviving Zombie Attacks for Dummies, you know, just in case ^___^

Ithildin Galad said...

AH SO HAPPY SENSEI *blubbers* Mine post is uppeth too.

Ithildin Galad said...

you;ve been voted as MY beyooootiful blogger!