Monday, June 9, 2008

Pierced, at last

I never thought that it would happen to me.

I was shot.

In the ears.

Cool.

My girl friends Jacq, Yi Hueih and Seok Ping decided that I should face my fears of pain and jabs, and people holding menacing looking gun-thing around my face (it doesn’t help that they are wearing labcoats). After all, I’m pushing twenty-one (but dragging along twelve, nevertheless). So, they had a quiet discussion – right in front of me, in Bata shoe shop, now that I think about it – and planned to get my ears pierced.

It’s a conspiracy. But it was a funny, sweet, and surprising conspiracy. =)

So there I was in Mid Valley last Friday, made out of innocence and virgin ears, following Jacq to Poh Kong after she bought her shoes from BATA (Marie Claire actually, but I like to rub it in XD). Apparently, Ping and Hueih were waiting near Poh Kong. But when we reached there they were actually in Poh Kong, and I thought “wow, they buying gold ke?” I didn’t see it coming.

All of a sudden, they asked me to sit down. And I saw… a gun, on the counter. At least, a gun-like thingie la. My ears suddenly feel very exposed, and then suddenly I have someone drawing dots on my ears and asking me if it looks balanced, and then there’s Hueih using my camera to take a video of my moment of “torture”, and then a gush of alcohol was sprayed to my ears, and then there’s a feeling like my ears been stapled, and more gushes of alcohol, and then Jacq, Hueih and Ping stood there looking at me proudly.

That was my “rite of passage” – completed with efficiency, encouragements from my friends, and a whole lot of my “arrgh” and “eeek” and “oh nononono”.

Thus, a world of maturity and earrings beckon. I still can’t imagine myself in those dangly earrings though; it takes some getting used to even to see tiny silver stars on my ears now. But strangely, I did feel a little bit more grown up. When I thought back about the whole affair, I laughed and realized I’ve learned an important lesson, and the piercing will remind me of that.

Of course, I have no more virgin ears to boast about, but maybe boastings like that would wear out when you turn, say, forty anyway. By then, there should be better things to boast about ^^

Thanks Jacq, Seok Ping and Yi Hueih for the early present! You guys surely left a “mark” for memory~

9 comments:

-JacQ- said...

MARIE CLAIRE! MARIE CLAIRE! *run berserk, erasing the BATA word from her post* Blah.

Just to clarify, we did not plan the piercing thing right there and then. We had it planned a week ago LOL

Now you can't run away from us. the memories of the three of us are stuck to your earlobes now *evil grin*

yh said...

keke~ *evil grin too*
just so you know, while sp and i were waiting in poh kong, we were kinda worried if u strongly opposed going through it. ><
but i'm so glad u didnt fight off the lady with the gun. XD

mimpiiii said...

OMG u got yr ear pierced??!!!!

u went over d darker side now hv u? all d temptations 2 buy those funky earrings r gonna come out soon.. i heart u!

on d brighter side.. u no more virgin ears liaoo...grown up adi hor.. fuyoohhh! i jealous sial.. :p

hope yr ears r surviving well :D

Esee said...

Okay next is getting a tattoo..ehehe

teh ais limei said...

Heyo Jacq and LYH

why are both of you feeding me with ideas of running away? you should have given me that idea BEFORE the lady with the gun came near me. XD My earlobes are itchy btw, so does that mean you guys are talking bad about me ><

teh ais limei said...

Heyo pap pap

Hell yeah! Dark side clan of Earrings rocks! XD

Hehe want me to convert you as well? I can force you to go through exactly the same "ritual", ESPECIALLY the lady with the gun part.

I heart you too!

teh ais limei said...

Smailo no thankiu. very pain. and i always change my mind about the design. what if one day i don't like that beetle doing a "rock on!" sign anymore?

Ithildin Galad said...

Finally you join us ranks of the pierced. When u are weaned off ur 'training earings' then you shall know the frenzy that is EARRING buying. Trust me, ur gonna find urself with 12936455 pairs of earrings and ONE pair of ears. Whee.

I suggest:

Isetan KLCC accesories dept, Axxezz, Bizen in One U (tad pricey but unique stuff) brands: Checkers. I love Checkers stuff. And Axxezz stuff is really one-of a-kind.

And anything that catches ur eye!

Wheee

Szetoo said...

ABOUT TIME! :D
i also got lubangs but i never wear earrings wan : (
i dont like how i look with them.