Friday, June 20, 2008

Procrastination to Prolonged Speech

Can I write a blog post in 10 mins?

‘Cos I certainly can’t finish analyzing a feature article in 10 minutes. I’ve been meaning to use the free time this morning due to a cancelled class to finish it. I set my alarm to 7 a.m. but I ended up drifting back to sleep until the guilt bar was filled at 8 a.m. and I had to drag myself out of that cosy, comfortable, warm, snuggly (arrrrrrrrgh) bed. Then I wanted to start doing my assignment but my computer decided it needs to check one of my file/disk/whatever you call these things. I think kena virus sudah. So I sat there dreaming and waiting and realizing that I can actually use the time to read the article properly, but nevertheless still sat dreaming and waiting. Finally, my computer is functioning again but all that waiting has reduced me to a hungry, thirsty, and pee-able soul. So not conducive for doing assignments. So I heed what self-help books have been telling me all these while – love myself. Went to look for biscuits, drank water, peed and wandered back to the computer. I managed to type two paragraphs made out of long sentences and uncertainty. Then I went to read people’s blogs. Then I realised there's 10 mins left to prepare to go uni.

Watch me procrastinate and you get something like the never-ending, season after season Desperate Housewives. Minus all the house-burning and sex – I’ll probably procrastinate that too but mostly because my Bible say cannot.

That reminds me – can I procrastinate in turning 21 too?

My sister told me that if I don’t plan something good to celebrate it, I’ll regret it. Apparently, it’s important to celebrate it because, among other things like I’M GOING TO BE AN ADULT, it is also not just another Sunday.

But I haven’t planned anything. Not that I didn’t care about the fact that I’M GOING TO BE AN ADULT, but because these few weeks I have been weighed down with several personal problems, and besides fretting and praying and battling with assignments (kicking them away real far is the last resort) I really have little time nor mood to think of anything else. Thank God that He has come to my aid, just in time before I dissolved into brokenness. Thus, now, I can sit here singing grace in my heart and talking nonsense in my computer.

But oh well, maybe it really isn’t about celebrating the day per se, but about how I am going to celebrate the age. It’s kinda sad if my birthday took off in a bang but the rest of the days just plain fizzles. Being 21 is more than being old and clubbing legally (legally does not equate willingly). It requires a new set of maturity without compromising the innocence (or what’s left of it XD).

Being 21 means growing up gracefully, knowing that our gaits were perfected by our past stumbles, and being absolutely sure that there’s room for more stumbles. It is shedding the teenage ideals and holding on to the adolescent dreams. It is giving our family and friends a tighter hug for making sure that we managed to grow this old, and giving them a wider smile to be patient while we attempt to grow older.

It is also about knowing ourselves, especially when is our bed time (old already mah cannot skip sleep). Right now my body is pouting and showing me a damn huge mogok placard. And I think I’m beginning to type gibberish. So let me go catch some beauty sleep, and may you not catch me say this too often.

And no, I can’t write a blog post in 10 minutes. I had to save this and continue at night. It seems that cheong-hei-ness is already built in my system, alongside with kiam-siap-ness and forgetfulness, so growing old should not bring too much a change in me XD

P/S. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Baby, Victoria and Kelvin for the awesome earrings. Thanks also to everyone (Pauline and Mekz, especially) who helped pick it! My ears are all excited. I’ll wear it soon =D Thanks, muaksies huggies, you awesome bunch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah you really wrote all this in 10 min??? Very the geng. Anyway, happy birthday to you lar! I hope your kawan- kawan sekalian will throw a smashing 21st Birthday party for you lar!
Eh, the way you procrastinate is so aunty like lar.

teh ais limei said...

You are sis isit? I didn't write this in 10 mins laaaa... I said in my 2nd last para that I had to save it and continue writing at night ma. And pls leave a name next time.

Nolah just had some small celebrations lah =)

Anonymous said...

Eh! How you know it's me har?? Oh yeah i forgot to sign my name after i leave the comment:D eh but how you know it's me lar i never know you are so pandai one:D:D:D:D:D Happy birthday again lar!!! Let's go get you a present when i am back in KL this week:)- Sis

teh ais limei said...

No lah not I pandai, just that you are too predictable XD

Hahaha yay I get to pick my present! Time for the old "hmm... hmmm..." engine to run again!

Muaksies~

Anonymous said...

Eh, 21 years old already, be MORE decisive lar!!!
Gee i am so predictable kah? Hmm... what did i want when i was turning 21 4 million years ago?? oh yeah i remembered. i wanted to quit my job! oh i didnt have my job yet back then i think. Oh man i need to get back to work.

- SIS