Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Emo Goodbye

Tomorrow is my last class as an EL undergrad.

Yesterday was our last afternoon badminton game as uni-mates.

Last Friday was the last time Yi Huieh, Seok Ping, Jacq and me typing to each other frantically through MSN discussing assignment, presentation, and how we are all going to die.

The end of this month would be my last day staying in PJ.

I am, in want of a more intense description, overwhelmed. There are too many “lasts” on things that I’ve been taking for granted. The classes in the bare but kecoh PC block, the wobbling mountains of assignments, the immense pressure of juggling academics, activities, DSA affairs and procrastination – they all seemed never-ending. Until now.

Pardon me if I’m incoherent. I can barely manage typing now. My brain is trying to refrain from crashing due to the sudden realization that I Am Really Going to Graduate.

The memories of the past three years cannot be condensed into one blog entry, nor can it be translated into mere writing. It would do no justice to the people who have made it all wonderful and great for me. It would also do no honour to the heights that we managed to scale – together.

I am also afraid to recount the memories, because the dam may crumble.

All I can say is – Thank You. I never expected uni life to be this good. It was a complete privilege to have all of you in my life. It was marvelous, and it’s a pity we could only be undergrad once.

Bye, and take care. Do keep in touch!

Now, excuse me while I attempt to hammer some online journalism theories into my emo brain.

3 comments:

-JacQ- said...

Aww babe *BIG TIGHT HUGS*

We'll keep in touch, and we will meet up again in the future as the three (in our case four) ladies sitting in the corner of Paddington Pancake House comparing their jeweleries and designer handbags. Sounds promising aye? ^^

Ithildin Galad said...

*glomps!*

*looks down*

*sees flattened Li Mei*

Ooops. Hehehehe.

Li Mei dearie, of COURSE we'll all keep in touch! If we bump into each other during the course of work we must pretend we havent seen each other in YEARS and do that MUACKS MUACKS DARLING thingy that people do.

XD

Good luck in ur exams!

Anonymous said...

wah you never thank me kah? I kena l-ooo-nged by you my entire life ever since you started your l-ooo-ngness which i think since you were maybe 7 or 8 (the Prima incident).