Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blame the heat

In the risk of repeating the recent cliché, I want to scream – THE WEATHER IS TOO DAMN HOT.

It melted my determination to churn out the two writings for my boss – come what temperature may
my foot. It fired up my desire to just procrastinate.

To cool myself down (the other option is to kick myself, but it will cause me to sweat even more and procrastinate even more and kick myself even more and gosh, I’m babbling. It’s the heat.)… Anyway, to cool myself down, I went to Deviantart to search for pictures of cooling, pictures of cold, pictures of hot weather, pictures of ice and finally, pictures of ice creams.

Every search result was an educational ride of the human anatomy, which, in their creative range of possibilities (I never knew there were so many angles to a… protruding region) were all contented to be filed under “artistic nude”.

In the Internet, you don’t search for sex. Sex comes knocking on your desktop, even though what you really ordered was ice cream (or any ***-damned pictures to make the weather marginally more inhabitable).

Anyway, in the spirit of pushing important work till the last minute, I conducted an over-enthusiastic search for a picture that I could put on my MSN display. Something that feels refreshingly cool and breezy and up-lifting.

Okay, maybe something that’s refreshingly cool and breezy.

Erm, something considerably chilly, perhaps?

Fine, give me a nice ice-cream pic.

Argh anything that’s wearing clothes, then.

I gave up.

(Okay that was perhaps exaggerated. There were a lot of pictures that were not sexually motivated, and I even found a pretty good picture of an ice cream. But you know lah in this irritable climate if you see soooo many bodies that are so much hotter than yours you will feel as potong stim as me. Or maybe you will feel exactly the opposite. =X)

Anyway, in the spirit of giving up, I happily went to pimp an ice cream:

Whee~ I pimp wan. Not easy okay I have to arrange the marshmallows one by one and surround the cherry with multi-coloured beans thingie – all in the absence of having an actual ice cream to eat. Damn torture I tell you!


Oh, then in the spirit of pimping (what can I say, I’m a spirited young woman), I decided to pimp a monster too.

Is this considered artistic nude? Can see belly button wor.



I also pimp-ed my own stick man. Wa-chaa!!!



And finally, I pimp-ed a pastry (yes it was a pastry before the eyes and all. Whoever knew you can do that?)

Maniacal confectionary monsters that is both scared of and craving for a balloon is sooo my thing.


Well, I eventually forced myself out of DA and completed one work. Woohoo! Sometimes you really have to let the procrastination kick in and go with the flow I guess. Okay, guess I shouldn’t encourage you guys more eh? XD

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Were you thinking of RB when you were drawing the pastry? :D