Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just a little unwell

“I promise after I finish diploma I will not take bus again I will have my own car and business”

This community message was brought to me in the form of blue marker ink scrawled on the back of a Bas Mini seat - the struggling handwriting betraying the writer’s lack of arm, perhaps even wrist space; the determined tone betraying the writer’s desperation for fresh, or at least odorless, or okay fine, enough air to breathe.

It’s the most inspiring thing I’ve read in weeks.

For too long now, I’ve been struggling. And for too long now, over the same old thing. Me and my writing, we have an unhealthy relationship. It forces me to work, and in turn, I force it to work. And gosh, how I wish my writing would work. I would painstakingly stare at my computer screen, trying to come up with something even remotely funny, sometimes entertaining the idea of just hurling a blueberry pie on its face.

See, I know how to be funny; I’m just in the wrong industry. Hand me a red nose and a pair of cheery overalls and I’d be a hit, I’m sure.

See, I even bring my own insanity.

Anyway, I’m not even sure what the point of this post is. But a sage* I know, who wears a loincloth that never gets dirty and stashes chilled Pepsi under his rock, told me in his forever wise tone that sometimes I need to force myself to write.

And then he sipped his Pepsi, with all the solemnity of a sage onna rock.

So, here I am, forcing myself to write, if you haven’t already established that.

Oh right, about the scrawling at the back of the Bas Mini seat. Well, it’s inspiring because dreams can be so simple. You’re so stuck, therefore you grab something solid and heave yourself up.

Because when you get right down to it, all we want to do is drive our own destiny and run our own lives. Cars and businesses would be nice too, of course.

We want out from the stinky, suffocating and crawling environment, which is what my writing passion is turning out to be these days. Oh, and buses too, but everyone knows that already.

I’m being illogical here, I know. But someone once said that irrationality is what separates humans from, say, a sunflower. Plain bullshit, if you ask me. Smelling nice naturally is what separates a human from a sunflower.

On a lighter note: I’ve finally dragged my blog over to the new year!!! And it’s not kicking and screaming!!! But you can’t kick and scream if you ain’t breathing too!!! Wheee!!! Yay!!! Hahahaha!!!

Now, tell me if that’s not the lightest note you’ve seen, huh? Huh?


* Name have been concealed to protect his identity (and also to screw with you. Happy wondering who he is~ V^.^V)

3 comments:

Ithildin Galad said...

ahhh i think i know this sage. does he also have 30-minute long evolutionary changes via MSN? does he also believe in Bob the Builderism?

peiling said...

if u need to know, u write awesome stuff :)

teh ais limei said...

>> Pauline
Ah, you have got him all figured out, I'm afraid :D

>> peiling
Thanks dear! It's not necessarily a need (except on the bad days), but it's nice to know all the same *grins widely*